Lick 'Em and Stick 'Em: Artistamps for Beginners with Jennie Hinchcliff
Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 7:15PM to 9:30PM
In this evening workshop, students are guided through the introductory steps of creating faux postage a.k.a artistamps using a variety of different mixed media techniques. Gathering inspiration from mail art examples in Jennie's personal collection, attendees create their own perforated stamp sheets! Students leave class with a sheet of self-created artistamps, a useful resource guide to continue their artistamp adventure, and a multitude of ideas for more mail art projects.
- scissors or exacto knife
- ruler (your choice; any kind will do)
- ink pads (watercolor or otherwise) for rubber stamping
- small size rubber stamps that would work well as postage stamp images; in-class artistamps will be approximately 1 inch wide by 1 ½ inches tall.
- sponges, daubers, or things to create a "background"/large field of color for your stamp sheet
- fine point pens/colored pencils for drawing or lettering-- great for adding color, texture, or text to your stamp sheet!
- if you’d rather collage, feel free to bring small size ephemera/materials for collage
- any other rubber stamping tools that you think would be fun to use in class